Feb 20, 2017

7-Year-Old Writes to Google Asking for a Job, and the CEO Had the Best Response

Image source: Andy Bridgewater
Image source: Andy Bridgewater

If you want to know how to nail the power of the first impression, look no further than 7-year-old Chloe Bridgewater. Bridgewater, who lives in Hereford, England, decided she’d like to work at Google. So she wrote a letter beginning with “Dear Google Boss” and asked for a job.

Her father, Andy Bridgewater told USA Today he and his daughter were chatting last week when she asked what he did for a living. “I work as a sales manager for a refrigeration company … which I assume is boring to a 7-year-old,” Andy said.

Image source: Andy Bridgewater
Image source: Andy Bridgewater

I feel you, Andy. My oldest is 13 and when I asked what she thought I did for a living she said, “Who knows. You are on your computer a lot so I assume something to do with that?” Gee, thanks for showing interest.

Chloe told her dad she’d like to work at Google after seeing images of their offices filled with bean bags, go-karts, and slides. I don’t blame you, Chloe. Who couldn’t use a break from their afternoon meetings for a quick ride on a go-kart? So, Chloe decided to take matters into her own hands, drafting a letter like a seasoned job seeker, pointing out, “My teachers tell my mum and dad I am very good in class and am good at my spelling and reading and my sums.” She also said she “likes computers” but Google be warned, Chloe is also considering employment at a chocolate factory and as an Olympic swimmer, so I’d hire her fast if I were you.

Related Post
Kids (and Parents) Will Love This Eco-Friendly Toy Library That Gives Back to Children in Need

Chloe also mentions that this is her first job application and has only sent one other letter in her short life to none other than “Father Christmas.”

How absolutely adorable is this?!

I can barely get any of my kids to brush their teeth and change their underwear, let alone begin applying for their dream job. She must have some proud folks.

It looks like she has another fan. Her creativity caught the eye of Google’s CEO Sundar Pichai, who wrote the little girl back with words of encouragement. “I think if you keep working hard and following your dreams, you can accomplish everything you set your mind to — from working at Google to swimming in the Olympics,” Pichai said. “I look forward to receiving your job application when you are finished with school!”

my 7 yr old daughter wrote to the boss of Google asking for a job, she's so made up he replied! Thanks @sundarpichai pic.twitter.com/EMuANNHiVc

— Andy Bridgewater (@B21DGY) February 13, 2017

I think everyone could learn from little Chloe: when you want something in life, you just need to ask for it.