Dec 26, 2014

18 Awesome #TBT Photos from Christmas Morning

This week I have been so frazzled: last-minute shopping, deadlines at work, holiday programs at my son’s school, a house to clean. I imagine many of us are going through the ringer and running around as fast as we can just to get it all done. It’s all about getting to our Christmas mornings, right?

We want to witness the magic of discovery and awe. We want to be swept away by the feelings of togetherness and love: family. We want to embrace traditions and, oh my goodness, we REALLY want to put our feet up and maybe, if we are lucky, take a nap.

When we were kids, Christmas mornings were so special. Every little thing wowed me. Santa used to put the silliest things in my stocking and I would completely lose my mind. Playing cards! Rubber bands! Flavored toothpaste!! It was the element of surprise and the unexpected.

Every year I diligently wrote Santa and politely asked for specific gifts, and every year I wondered if they would arrive. I never assumed. Not once. My favorite moment from all of my childhood Christmas mornings was the anticipation. It was always gift-wrapped in hope, and I was never disappointed.

I know I am not the only one who will be celebrating this morning and also thinking back to Christmas mornings from the past. It’s pretty awesome to have a little something to do with the magic now. Take a look at these fun #TBT photos from Christmas mornings of yore:

post from sitemap